Boksburg Camera Club - Timeline
The Boksburg Camera Club was founded in 1985 and has since then played a significant role in promoting photography in the Boksburg area. Here is a timeline of the club’s history based on the information we have.
- 1985: The Boksburg Camera Club was established.
- 1990: Jan Hamman served as the Chairman.
- 1993: Hennie Kruger became the Chairman.
- 1994-2000: Andre Pezzuto held the position of Chairman.
- 2001-2005: Errol Wagg served as Chairman.
- 2001-2008: Elma van der Kuil was the Secretariat.
- 2006-2010: Sharon Naude became the Chairman.
- 2009-2012: Jo Ann Byrne (Cackett) took over as the Secretariat.
- 2011-2012: Marius Kemp served as Chairman.
- 2013: Andre Dannhauser became the Chairman.
- 2013: Maureen Botha took over as the Secretariat.
- 2013-2015: Belinda Ueckerman (Sim) served as the Editor.
- 2014-2015: Marius Kemp returned as Chairman.
- 2014-2015: Percy Mitchell Served as Regional Director of CERPS.
- 2014-current: Denise Smith became the Secretariat.
- 2015-2017: Percy Mitchell held the position of Chairman.
- 2016-2021: Annemi Taljaard served as the Editor.
- 2016-current: Jacques Taljaard became the Treasurer.
- 2018-2021: Errol Wagg became Chairman for the second time.
- 2021: Barry Clayton assumed the role of Chairman.
2022: Barry Clayton became the Regional Director of CERPS.
2023: Barry Clayton was reelected as Regional Director of CERPS.
- 2022 (current): Cheryl Knight became the Editor.
- 2023: Annemi Taljaard became the Editor for the duration of the year.
- High Profile Photographers associated with the club include Jan Hamman (deceased in 2004), Kobus van Breda, Percy Mitchell, Laetitia Kenny (current member), and Theo van der Merwe(current member).
- Long serving members include Errol Wagg (since 1998), Laetitia Kenny (since 1993), and Deon Mostert (since 1985).
- The club has had various meeting venues over the years, including Westwood School Hall (1985), Boksburg Methodist Church Hall, ERPM Rec Hall, Boksburg Library (2001), Boksburg Fire Station (2011-2013), and Laerskool Baanbreeker (2014-current).
The Boksburg Camera Club was the third club to use Photovault, and the first outside the two Vaal test clubs.
The Boksburg Camera Club has played a vital role in fostering a community of photographers and promoting the art of photography in the Boksburg area.